Old Palace Nursery
Welcome to our exciting world of exploration and discovery, the ideal start to life in Old Palace of John Whitgift School.
Old Palace Prospectus
At the forefront of education for girls since 1889, we now extend our outstanding provision of care to girls and boys from the age one year in the Old Palace Nursery through to Pre-School. Entry to the Old Palace Preparatory and Senior School is open to girls only.
At Old Palace Nursery, your child will have individual care and attention and be provided with stimulating experiences and a range of learning opportunities.
Our aim is to build upon every child’s natural curiosity, inspiring a love of learning, exploration and creativity. We offer a safe and well-resourced environment designed to stimulate imagination, social interaction and the development of a range of skills, ensuring that your child will grow in confidence and be fully prepared for full time education from the age of four years.
We promote a caring, happy ethos and value working in partnership with families to meet the needs of each child. Our vibrant learning environment and our highly qualified and dedicated staff combine to support all our children through their first steps of development.
We enable social and educational development through structured play, following and extending the Early Learning Goals. From the earliest age, your child will be encouraged to become the articulate, confident and independent learner that characterises students of the three Whitgift Foundation schools. We have high expectations of all those in our community and we encourage all individuals to pursue their dreams and actively support them in achieving their goals.
What we offer
- stimulating indoor and outdoor areas for purposeful learning
- specialist resources for ICT, gym, music, art and technology
- enjoyable, stimulating and challenging activities through structured learning and educational play.
- meet the needs of the individual child
- deliver all aspects of the Early Year Foundation Stage Curriculum within an enhanced programme of activities
- support the transition of each child to the next stage of learning
- focus on the joy of learning, happiness, self-esteem and confidence.